Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sad Bunny Dream

It took place in a large wooden house, similar to the one I lived in last winter that a couple housemates called the Groove House, only this one was a bit bigger and appeared to be still under construction, or perhaps in the process of renovation or remodeling. Like the Groove House it was also very cold and drafty, and just overall dingy. I had a couple housemates in the dream, a guy and a girl. I believe there may also have been a cat or two living there, though I don't recall having seen any in the dream; it was implied however, I remember. The weather outside was just like it was before this recent sunny stretch, wintry cold and oppressively overcast.

From the beginning I had a cute black and white bunny, colored more like a couple cats I've known than I would expect a bunny to be, and I assume was a male. At some point fairly early in the dream I came across an adorable brown bunny with I think small white spots on its forehead in a triangular pattern with the apex of it pointed up. It was a girl, and it could talk! I think she explained to me why she could, but I don't remember, nor do I recall how it was I came across her and she came to be mine. I went everywhere with her and pampered her quite a lot, and I recall we had a couple brief conversations the contents of which escape me. Eventually I felt like I'd been sorely neglecting my black and white bunny and visited him in his carpeted box, he sulking, and petting him until he cheered up...

...Shortly after I made it up to my black and white bunny the female housemate chided me and the other housemate for being slacker and admonished us to get busy cleaning up the house, which we reluctantly did, tossing what looked like pieces of trim that was strewn all over the place into what seemed vaguely to be a sort of dumpster. I remember at one point getting tangled up in some beams leaning at various angles against the walls of a narrow entryway at the bottom of some stairs from the main floor and at that time suddenly feeling almost panicky, worried that one or both of the bunnies would escape or already had. I hadn't seen my mysterious talking brown bunny since I'd hung out with the black and white one, and it was unsettling for me to not be around her, to not feel her or hear her voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment